Thursday 30 September 2010

Upholstery update - the footboard.

I started in a new upholstery class this week. I loved my old class, but I wasn't getting a whole lot done. I would always arrive late, after I made my way there after work by way of a quick dinner at home (I can't do anything on an empty stomach), then I would have a chat with everyone, working my way around the class, and then before I knew it, I would only have 30 mins of time left to actually work on my bed! Hence the headboard taking me a year to complete.

So I made a decision to join one of the daytime classes on one of my days off. Its a longer class and I figured, if I didn't know anyone, I wouldn't be as inclined to chat. Well the extra length of time is great and the fact its during the day, but not knowing anyone certainly didn't help me keep my mouth shut and work. I have already made friends with half the group and im guessing I will tackle the other half next week. Still, maybe because I wasn't as tired as I would be when I went after work, I was able to talk and work at the same time. In one class (well, 2 if you count the very end of the summer school I attended) I have got the footboard looking like this! I'm pretty pleased with myself.

Maybe, as my teacher jokes, it wont be too long before Stephen and I don't have to sleep on the floor anymore.

For all of my upholstery ramblings, click on the upholstery label in the column to the left.









2 comments:

  1. Sleeping on the floor in London isn't so bad! Best accommodation I've had.
    But seriously: very cool Phoebe, the bed looks awesome. I'm not nearly as productive.

    Meanwhile, Stephen and I are having a wretched time with the football...

    Cheers,
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrew!! If i get this second bed finished by Christmas there would be a real live mattress (maybe not live, but definitely real!) in the spare room perfect for you and Mil to come visiting again. I only sent Millie a message this morning saying how much fun last winter was cause you guys were here. Definitely time for another London visit me thinks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...