Tuesday 21 September 2010

My quilts









Following on from my Reading for Quilters post, i thought i would share some pictures from my first attempts at quilting. I went to a short course at The Make Lounge and had a brilliant time picking up the basics.  I'm sure i have raved on about The Make Lounge before, but it really is fantastic and i highly recommend courses there for anyone in London. I have been to a fair few of them so if anyone ever wants a review on any of the courses, just let me know.

The lighter one on the right was my first quilt, made at the Make Lounge, and the darker one on the left is my second. I am making the second as a baby quilt for a friend who is 7 months pregnant. By far the trickiest thing i have found about quilting is picking the right fabrics, and i wasn't sure i had got there with the 2nd quilt, but i think it all came together when i picked the backing fabric (in the last picture). Let me know what you think.

From my tiny bit of experience, i have found every aspect of quilting incredibly fulfilling, and creating something so beautiful, that have traditionally been passed down as family heirlooms gives such a sense of achievement. 

Both are still incomplete but i will post some more pictures once they are finished.








2 comments:

  1. They look amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mhairi! They are so much fun to make, i have been hand stitching the binding for the second one today, so should have it finished this week. I will post more photos then. Hope you are well!! Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...