Wednesday 15 September 2010

I'm back!

I haven't posted anything in ages! Because...

1. I got married in February to the best boy in the world
2. I planned the wedding from the other side of the world
3. At the same time, we undertook a loft conversion (in the middle of the coldest winter in decades, with no roof = freezing)
4. My sister and her boyfriend came to stay for a month
5. I have been busy starting and finishing a few day jobs
6. ... and just living life I suppose!


But I am back on track now.


There is lots to get up to date on, I need to show you my recent upholstery exploits and my finished bed head! It is simply gorgeous! It took a lot of hard work and a lot of hammered fingers and thumbs (and nails through fingers) but it finally got there.

Now for the footboard (not to mention the second bed, and small arm chair I found when we cleared out the loft).

I am starting a small letterpress operation called Phoebe and the Letterpress. Still in its infancy, in fact, still a new born. But the hope is to do custom letterpress for people who want things like wedding invitations, birth announcements and any little bit of custom papery-ness. Find out more here http://phoebeandtheletterpress.wordpress.com but please be kind - its still a work in progress!

On a similar note, that page also has some pictures and information about my wedding invitations and all the hard work that went into them - All hand pressed!

My beautifully restored fireplace I bought for a bargain £50 from a reclamation yard. Complete with vintage tiles (care of Portobello Road markets - eek, but it was the cheapest way I swear!) It is in position now in the brand new loft room.

Going to the cinemas on my own - apparently it is the new black.

Sewing and the few articles I have made including one skirt that I have deemed a success because I have worn it so many times now.

The bits of antique scrounging I have been allowed to do under our new strict financial regime (loft debt)

My latest Make Lounge visits, including extraordinary embroidery and the quilted baby blanket

Tea time in Penshurst (Kent countryside village)

Evenings at the British Museum - all things Renaissance, including printing and papermaking


Gosh, I have a fair bit of writing to do! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...