Wednesday 15 September 2010

Loved the Secret in Their Eyes

I know I haven't been on here in a while, but I just had to share this. My new husband (its only been 7 months!) and I went on a 'date' on Saturday night to the relatively new HMV Curzon (its the only place I go for movies now! It is small with only about 70 seats in the cinema, maybe less!) and its so clean - not smelly at all! And to make the whole experience even more enjoyable, you can order cocktails and other non-usual-cinema beverages and take them in with you. Even better is the list of movies they show. You get a nice smattering of some more mainstream flicks and some less mainstream and foreign films.

We went and saw the BRILLIANT 'The Secret in Their Eyes' (IMBD). It was just great in my opinion and my husband loved it too. He turned to me at the end of it and said "thank you for taking me to see amazing things". This made me feel very pleased with myself for picking to see it as it was the type of film my husband probably would never have gone to seen on his own volition. The film is Argentinean, won the Oscar for the 2010 Best Foreign Language Film of the Year.

Not only is the film shot and acted beautifully and convincingly, in fact the whole movie just feels genuine and authentic, but the story is a gripping one, and although extraordinarily sad in parts, there are lots of laughs. Some of the scenes left me with tears in my eyes, they were so heart warming, and at the end of the film I was left feeling incredibly elated and content, despite the difficult justice issue you are forced to ponder. The message to me was no-one can be happy living an empty life.

I cant finish without mentioning the makeup, which, again I thought was amazing. For a movie covering several years you will see what I mean. Who ever sourced the furniture for the sets did an amazing job as well. I got a thrill of delight when the Olivetti typewriter was given centre stage. Very amusing!

Definitely one to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...