Sunday 10 October 2010

Finished quilt


Its a few weeks ago now since I finished my second baby quilt. The gorgeous girl smiling in the photo is the friend I made it for and you can see the finished product in her hands. It was a race to the finish line in the end, with all the tidying up of threads, washing and drying and the last bit of binding that still needed to be completed that day. I spent a good half of the day stitching away while watching a film (The Shipping News - no where near as good as the book in my opinion, and oh how I love that book) before giving it a gentle hand wash in the tub and praying the little bit of sun shining through the clouds would do its thing in time. It did, and the quilt was a success.

I still wasn't entirely certain of my fabric choice a fair way into making it, but it really came together and the binding really finished it off perfectly to accentuate the fabric on both sides. Subconsciously though, I think I knew it would work all along, because in the end, I had a very Autumn shaded quilt for an Autumn baby, complete with trees that have dropped their leaves. Meant to be, hey?

I was very proud to present it to the lovely couple. It was so touching when the mother and father-to-be were looking at it and realised the time and effort I had put in. In fact, I think I remember the mother saying, "Are you sure you don't want to keep it?!". I was certain, it was made for them especially and I hope its something they and their soon to be born baby enjoy in the years to come. 

Lots of love
P xoxoxoxoxox







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...