Wednesday 9 March 2011

Upholstery update - The finished bed!


No, your eyes aren't deceiving you, it is true!

I have finally finished!

After a good 18 months, i finally hammered in the last tack, glued on my double piping and stood back to admire my handy work.

Although i was pleased to finish, at first, i felt as though i never wanted to look at it ever again, but my husband was so enthusiastic when i bought it home, having waited forever for it, that he put it together that night and his enthusiasm was catching - I LOVE it!

I have already been up to Cologne and Cotton and picked up some special sheets for when we get our new bespoke mattress, complete with curved corners.

I still have another to do yet, but i have decided it can wait while i have a break from french antique beds and work on a little bucket chair instead.


Keep checking in for the little chair's progress. Hopefully some of the bed upholstery skills translate and i can be sitting back reading a book on it before the year is through. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

  1. Phoebe! It looks absolutely amazing! You must be so pleased and rightly proud. Nice work! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phoebe that bed is just stunning! Well done!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It took a while, but i think it has been worth it! Keep trying to psych myself up to start the second one - haven't quite got there yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...