Sunday 30 October 2011

The drop seats continue


I have finished the first drop seat to calico! Yay! Here is it is in situ. My friend still needs to pick her fabric and then i will finish it off by covering in that, but the calico will do till then. I quite like it plain. So how did it get to this stage? Well here is where we left off. 


I had finished the webbing and filled the wooden frame.


The underside of the frame.


I covered the webbing in hessian.


Then i sewed the rubberised horsehair in place...




before covering with wadding...



and finally stretching the calico over the lot.


Trimmed and neatened.


And back where it should be!

2 comments:

  1. Phoebe that chair looks gorgeous! I love following your craft adventures and watching things take shape :-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks Megan, that is really kind of you to say - i do love my craft adventures! Really pleased you enjoy reading about them! Have a few more exciting things in the pipeline at the moment that i will share as soon as i get the chance to sit and write. Hope you are well P xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...