Tuesday 14 June 2011

Apologies and novel retro

I have been a very bad blogger of late; no updates or any warning! But I am back again now, after a month (or two) off due to family visits and other general change in our household. But despite all that, and being a bad blogger, i have in fact been busily working away on a few projects.

And here is one...


I made this cushion a while ago now for a friend's birthday. We found the fabric in a cool fabric shop on Columbia Road called Beyond Fabrics. To me, the orange, lime and yellow combine to create a very retro looking cushion given a modern spin with clean cotton lines. I have photographed it with another design classic reworked - my Anglepoise Type1228.

You can pick up good quality cushion inserts at John Lewis. I learnt this quick and easy cushion cover pattern at the Make Lounge a few years ago now (i have raved about the Make Lounge on here several times before). Londoners (and just outside Londoners) can learn too here.


Novel retro indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...